Choir Uniform Policies 2014/2015
Uniform consists of choir t-shirt for informal events and concert attire for formal events. All students will purchase and own their concert attire. Concert attire consists of: Tuxedo (jacket, pants, shirt, bow tie, and cummerbund) for men; long solid black dress for women. Dresses must be floor length, short sleeves (to the middle of arm between shoulder and elbow), modest neckline with no embellishments, i.e. Sequins, trim, no sparkle, etc. All students must provide own black shoes and socks.
T-shirt – $8.00 All students; t-shirts will be handed out at A ’Capella Con, these must be paid for in advance or at the door. Previous years t-shirts cannot be worn in place of current years t-shirt.
1. JV Choirs: Concert and Advanced must buy McQueen Choir Dress.
a. Purchase new $70.00; must be paid for before dress is issued, this is $17.50 per year,
b. Purchase used $20.00 – $55.00; used dresses are first pay, first choice. Fees must be paid before the dress is released. All used dresses in “as in condition”.
c. Choir Rental $22.00; fees must be paid before dress is issued, dress must be returned in same condition before the end of the school year. Dresses CANNOT be cut and hemmed permanently. Any damage to a rental will be charged full price. Fee is per year. No guarantee on sizes.
d. Purchase from previous choir students. Private transaction between seller and buyer. Board in choir room with items for sale and contact information.
2. Varsity Choirs: Women’s, Musical Theater and Core Jazz are welcome to purchase a choir dress or purchase their own dress as long as it meets the guidelines as listed above.
3. If you own a dress from Band, please feel free to wear it!
1. Purchase new $100.00; must be paid for before tux is issued.
2. Choir Rental $22.00; fees must be paid before tux is issued, tux must be returned in same condition before the end of school. Tuxes CANNOT be cut and hemmed permanently. Any damage to a rental will be charged full price. Fee is per year. No guarantee on sizes.
3. Payment Plan $50.00, two payments, can be spread to two years, tux will be issued when paid in full.
4. Purchase from previous choir students. Private transaction between seller and buyer. Board in choir room with items for sale and contact information.
5. If you own a tux from Band, please feel free to wear it!
If your student outgrows their tux or dress, we will work to find them a uniform that fits, but it will be used. If you would like a new item, we can order one at the beginning of the school year for full cost.
Dresses/tuxes must be purchased/approved by October 30, 2014.
Dresses will be for sale, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at lunch until September 26. We will also be in class periods 2 and 6 on September 15, 17 & 19 to measure tuxes and dresses or sell dresses.
For students who may need additional time to complete the payments, please talk to Camille Druitt regarding payment plans or financial assistance, all conversations will remain confidential. I understand that the fees for the school year can sometimes be overwhelming, please take advantage of the fundraising opportunities provided by Choir Boosters